Frequently Asked Questions
Can a preservationist purchase an appliance from you?
Sorry but we do not sell current (in service model) fire appliances to private buyers.
Can anyone buy a fire engine from Evems Ltd.?
The simple answer to this is NO!
To purchase a vehicle from us you need to meet one of the following criteria.
- You must be a recognised Fire Authority
- You must be a recognised industrial brigade
- You must be able to show a legitimate use for an appliance
- The vehicle is to be permanently exported
We absolutely will NOT sell an appliance if you are looking to use a vehicle for any kind of hire and reward e.g. Fire Engine Limousine or for use as any kind of marketing gimmick.
Vehicles advertised by Evems Limited have a usable life and will only be sold to buyers who are able to meet or exceed the above criteria.
Can I drive a fire engine on a car license?
Unless the vehicle has a GVW of under 7,500kg, you cannot drive an appliance on a car licence.
What equipment is usually installed on a fire engine
FIRE ENGINE EQUIPMENT
Along with the sale of vehicles, our customers regularly ask for equipment to go with them.
A standard type of appliance will carry something like the following level of equipment:-
- 1 x Set 135 Ladders
- 1 x Set Extendable Ladders
- 1 x Set 9 Meter Ladders
- 8 x Delivery Hoses 25 m x 75mm Lengths
- 8 x Delivery Hoses 25 m x 45mm Lengths
- 2 x 60m Hose Reels and Guns
- 4 x Water Branches
- 1 x Standpipe and Key
- 4 x Lengths of 4" suction hose
- 1 x Basket and Strainer
- 6 x Sets of Breathing Apparatus 5 + 1 spare
- 4 x Fire Extinguishers CO2, Foam combo
- 1 x Portable Low Pressure Portable pump
- 2 x Shovels
- 1 x Brush
- 2 x Brush Fire Beaters
- 1 x Fire Blankets
- 1 x Fire Axe
- 1 x Universal Handsaw
- 2 x Hazerdous Chemical Suits
- 2 x Torches
- 1 x Set of Lighting Equipment inc Extension
- 1 x Airbag Lifting system
- 1 x Hydraulics Pack Jaws of life, Air Tools etc.
- 1 x Generator (If not fitted to vehicle)
- 1 x AFFF Foam 40 Litres
- 1 x Foam Inductor
- 1 x First Aid kit to include Burns Packs, Collars, Dressings etc.
Can you locate appliances for customers?
|We are happy to try and source machines for customers.
Do fire engines need an MOT?
Vehicles sold in the UK which are not supplied to Fire Authorities e.g. Industrial brigades etc. are not subject to the same DVLA exemptions and will therefore require an appropriate MOT.
Do you accept part exchanges?
Customers looking to part exchange a vehicle should provide a comprehensive report on the vehicle accompanied by a good range of photos to include shots of the vehicle from all sides with lockers up and down, crew cab area and in particular the pump bay.